Monday, November 3, 2014

PGCB: Mixed Media Project

Happy Monday,

I hope everyone had a great start to their November.  Mine was spent hiking with a bunch of Boy Scouts and just enjoying time with my kids.

It is the first Monday of the month, so that means it is time for a new challenge at The Paper Girls Challenge (remember, we have new challenges every 1st and 3rd Monday of the month!).  Today's challenge from Amber is Mixed Media.  Mixed Media: a single art composition involving two or more artistic media such as pen, ink, chalk, pastel, graphite, collage, paint, and any other media

For my project, I used Gesso to prep my paper, then cut vinyl and had help watercoloring over the vinyl - my daughter LOVES to watercolor with me.  Before I pulled the vinyl up, I traced the shapes with a pen to make sure it showed up really well.  This painting is now hanging proudly in the entry to our house.  


I can't wait to see what you create for this challenge.  You have until Saturday, Nov 15 to link up your projects!  Go ahead and get messy!!!

Cheers!
Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment